Military Discharge Records

Discharge Records

Military personnel are encouraged to file their discharge papers with the County Clerk for safekeeping and proof of service for Veterans Administration Benefits. There is no fee for filing your DD form 214, part 4. This is the copy which shows the discharge status. Once filed, the form will be returned to you and it should be filed in a safe place.

Obtaining Copies

Copies of Military discharge records cannot be provided to anyone other than the veteran themselves. Be prepared to provide full name at time of enlistment and to show some identification when making the request. If the veteran is deceased or unable to make the request, please contact the Veterans' Service Officer.

Wayne County Clerk
510 N Pearl Street, Ste 5
Wayne, NE 68787-1939
Phone (402) 375-2288
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Veterans Service Officer
510 Pearl Street
Wayne, NE 68787
Phone (402) 375-2764
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Additional Resource

State of Nebraska Department of Veterans' Affairs