The History of Winside, Nebraska
Winside, settled in 1886, was originally located west of where the present town is and was called Northside. In 1882, the Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis, and Omaha Railroad constructed a line to the south, connecting Wayne to Norfolk.
After competing with the town of Northside, 3 miles to the southwest, the new town of Winside won the location of the railway's depot. The winning town captured the outcome in its name – Winside.
Winside currently has a population of about 468 people.