The responsibility of the County Treasurer is to:
- Collect all revenues for Wayne County
- Bill and collect all real estate and personal taxes in Wayne County
- Title and register all motor vehicles located in Wayne County
- Collect fees for driver's licenses, CDLs, learner permits, ID cards, school permits, etc.
- No temporary driver's licenses printed as of October 1, 2020
- Disperse collections to the proper political subdivisions
- Register boats
- Register snowmobiles
The Wayne County Treasurer’s Office accepts cash, checks and debit or credit cards.
- Debit or credit cards must be Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express and have the name of the customer on the card
- A 2.35% fee will be added for credit or debit payments made in the office
- E-checks are accepted for ONLINE REAL ESTATE payments and will include a $1.00 flat fee https://nebraskataxesonline.us/
There is also a drop box for payments located on the north side of the courthouse.